Thursday, May 14, 2009

Centerboard casing work

It took a little longer than I thought, but I managed to cut and shape the centerboard case keelsons (if that's even a word) All maple of course.Approximately 1" thick and 2" wide. then cut to suit the area. I shaped the forward and aft sections to let water flow better around it. The keelson forward needs to be cut to suit the case as well. It's shown here over length.I also rounded the rear portion at the edge of the case. The keelson is only held on the center line by one screw for the purpose of fitting these side pieces.Once this is all glued and screwed in place, I'll plane the adjoining parts flush. the forward keelson will get screwed and glued in place along with a generous fillet of epoxy glue for added strength.

Time: 2 1/2 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment