Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just checking

With these frames in place. I thought I'd run a few checks. I have not strayed from the plan yet so I am curious to see how close I am in where things should be, and if there are any adjustments to be made. I didn't foresee anything major, but I was pleasantly surprised to find the forward floor area to be exactly where it should be. From the notches to the floor base itself.
All the heights given for the forward 3 frames worked very well. I need to fill in the spaces between them with doubler's, but as the picture shows, no trimming needed.
I checked again to make sure the frames across the boat were level. And they were.

The forward frame cut outs for the king plank also line up nicely with the stem and hit it at the right height. No nasty surprises.This completes the installation of all the frames and transom. the next phase is installing the stringers and planking. While the glue sets on these things i'll be installing the interior parts etc.

So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment