Saturday, January 17, 2009

Transom installation

The last frame member was the Transom. A source of a little frustration at the beginning with the stain issue. But with that resolved. It was time to "put er on!"
I made a little support member to hold the transom while the glue dried and it will stay there until the stringers are in place.
My little level came in handy to set the transom angle at 8 degrees from plumb.
I screwed and glued it in place and didn't spare the screws. After all there will be a motor mounted back here. I gave a generous fillet of glue on the inside as well.

Time: 2 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment