Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finally something to show

Its been a while since last post, but I have been working on the boat. Off and on it's been two messy weeks of sanding, filling and sanding again. Once it got to a point that I was satisfied, I gave the boat a coat of clear epoxy. let sit 5 days before washing, sanding and prepping for primer.
 The bright finished areas were taped off so I wouldn't have to be tedious with my roller and brush.
 The Primer as before when I built the boat was fairly thick and rolled on just the same, though it done a nice job in covering blemishes.
 Once the primer cured I done a light sanding of the primed areas and cleaned it off with a rag soaked in thinner. The Interlux Brightsides paint went on very nicely and though thin and requiring several coats, it makes me look like a pro. It is rolled on with a foam roller but it levels as if you had sprayed it on. I can't say enough about the quality and durability of this stuff, and a gallon goes a long ways.
Several more evenings of light sanding and overcoating lies ahead, and as that cures I'm busy at my other little projects down in my main workshop. I should take some pics and show that.
4 deg C....    May... rain drizzle, fog.... not exactly in a mad rush to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment