Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sea trial #2

Modifications made, all tightened up, I planned an overnighter, but some prior commitments, a poor forecast of 25-30 knot winds and heavy rains called for some adjustments. Not wanting to waste any time on the water I asked my wife if she wanted to go out and she was all up for it. I got out on the water early but no high winds as of yet. With a strange calm we motored out of the harbour.It didn't take long for the clouds to form and look sinister.
But there was a scattered break in the cloud and the winds picked up a little. As I stated a long time ago, this part of Newfoundland has few places to beach you boat.
Winds a bit more steady now and we managed to get to Brigus and turn around to head back.
There must have been a large storm on outside the bay by the size of the ocean swell.

The mood of the winds and the rain showers passing by was enough to send us back to shore but All in all a fine trip out. No mishaps and the furling system and other add-ons worked flawlessly.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is I wish I was there... :(

    But... nice boating and sailing down this way, now I need a boat...