A loading strap was looped under the hull to the other side and attached to a binder. This will hold the hull in place. or change the height if need be. This was done at both ends. Once each end carried a load, we double knotted the binders and disassembled the jig starting with the lifts and then the main jigOnce the jig was disassembled the boats hull was fully carried on the slings suspended from the ceiling.Yes a levitation trick I learned in one of those comic book magic kits ads you order for $5. It was kinda cool seeing the mass just suspended there. Irving Pelley showed up in time for the difficult work. Dependable "Irv".With little effort we lifted and pulled and it began to roll. when let loose the boat stayed in the position we left it in. So I took pictures, then went back to the roll.
Neither of us like to have our picture taken so virtually all shots are taken with nobody visible... were an odd bunch. Bit by bit it rolled. We would look for problem areas at the plank edges and at the combing/spray rail. In the shot above you can see the strap that keeps the two end straps from slipping out from under the hull. A bridle of sorts.Blocks of wood were taped to the deck in areas where the strap strained against the rail. Cardboard was placed at the edges of plank laps to prevent wear.
Voila, rolled 180 degrees. All we had to do was lower it down on to some support blocks and the job is done.
Roll over complete! nobody crushed, nor injured. I have much to do to this bottom but that's for another day. We cleaned up and ordered out take out food. It was raining so no BBQ. I am not a person who asks for aid but today I really needed it. Thanks Travor and Irv I couldn't have completed this tack without you help.
Time: 4 hr