Sunday, March 22, 2009

Anchor well

The king plank is temporary because I want access to the anchor well. I need to lay in 2 layers of fiberglass cloth to reinforce the well. Dropping an anchor is only part of the reason... I've launched other boats of mine over waves that would bounce an anchor through a weak floor, so its a little insurance. I laid in a fillet of epoxy filler earlier the week and done A bit of sanding in prep for the cloth. This morning I cut a pattern and then laid it in and epoxied it in place. The second layer will be this afternoon. I'm taking a little coffee break right now and heading down in a minute to keep working on the decking as the epoxy cures. Im not kicking up any dust so no worries about the wet epoxy, Plus its covered.

Time: 1 hr

No comments:

Post a Comment