Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The space within

With all the frames in place, the boat shop really looks small. Very small. I'll need every inch of available space to work on the stringers and cutting the planks. With some serious thought to how I could make more space, I went with my first thought, move all possible objects into the main basement. This included my work bench, storage shelf with supplies, and a large pile of scrape/loose lumber.
It will have to do. The main basement area will be prep area for smaller pieces of wood, while both areas will serve the long stringers and planking preparation. Good thing the basement is not finished.
It will be a few days of selecting and sanding my stringers before anything constructive begins thats worthy of a picture. So Stephen, (my brother) you'll have to wait to see the stringers we cut this past summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment