I managed to steal a couple of hours and made the mast plugs. these are the inserts that will go inside the mast at points where reinforcement is needed (in my mind). At the base of the mast, the gaff jaws area and where the standing rigging mount near the top. As before the whole assembly was dry fitted before I started mixing epoxy. All the pieces were numbered in order of assembly so the scarfs would be staggared. The whole assembly was then glued in place. Wax paper used to keep it from sticking to the jig. plastic tie-wraps were used to tighten the assembled parts together.
Tomorrow, the boom.
Time: 3 hrs