Wednesday, November 19, 2008

+40 hours

I did a rough calculation on hours spent on this project. I broke the 40 hour mark and am closer to 50 hours since the start. One regular work week. Not bad I guess. But based on a 250+ hour project, needless to say I have a ways to go. I need to put in about 8 hours a week to be on the water by next summer. No pressure. If I'm not on the water by then, there's nobody to blame but myself. I visit the John Welsford boat Forum regularly to look at the posts and pictures of the many great boats being finished by backyard builders. It gets me motivated at these early stages when there's not a great deal to show for the hours spent. People come by and ask to look at the boat... I show them the pile of boat parts in the corner. I explain and They nod with that glazed look you see when they have no clue to what your describing to them. But their polite and don't interrupt. My wife is the best. She comes down when I call, to take pictures, and listens to me explain what I'm doing. She gets the tell tale glazed look, but you wouldn't know by her excited responses and questions. She knows how much I've wanted to do this for so long and don't want to dampen my fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment