Sunday, October 26, 2008

Summers End

Ah Yes, Fall. A heavy frost blanketed the ground this morning. A moose has been eating some young limbs from one of my Maples. I didn't even know they'd eat that sort of tree. I've spotted a Female and a yearling around, and my neighbor has had much of his garden trampled by the creatures. But at least it's not bears sniffing around for food.
A few flakes of snow has even fallen this week. As normal we usually get a light dusting of snow around Halloween. Cold days indeed to be out in an open boat. All the boats have been taken out of the water at the marina now. Time to shut things down for the long winter ahead.
My planks sitting outside need to come in very soon. Their not drying now with this frost and colder temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment