Monday, September 22, 2008

Transom found

I spent Saturday searching about the local lumber yards for some better plywood for my transom as well as the bottom of the boat. Slim pickings if i do say so. However I found the Transom piece. I wasted no time in marking and cutting it out. I covered it with my template paper to protect it from nicks and other mishaps. I plan to stain, epoxy and varnish the exterior of the transom. From all the pictures i've seen of pathfinders I have been drawn to the ones with a brightwork transom. I spent about 4 hours last Saturday at the boat. Glueing parts together for the frames and stem, as well as marking and cutting the transom and centerboard case.

Time: 1 hr.

No comments:

Post a Comment