Thursday, May 15, 2008

Space

No not the final frontier. The kind you need in order to build a sailboat. I've been looking at the time when a boat shed will be required for assembly, and the more I think about it the less I want to have one. The ability to control humidity in a plastic covered boat shed will be a concern. As well at temperature control. And I really don't want to be held up on account of weather. Newfoundland has among the worlds foggiest and wettest weather short of a rain forest. See "Guinness book of records" on Foggiest place. My workshop is big enough to build a boat. However. My workshop door is a mere 32" wide and my main basement door is 36" wide. I'll get some measurements scaled off the drawing to see it's deepest point of the boat. I have no issue in removing the doors and door boxes in order to accommodate the removal of a 17ft sailboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment